AI4PublicPolicy joins the EGI 2022 Conference with 3 sessions
AI4PublicPolicy will join the EGI 2022 Conference, organizing/ co-organising and co-hosting 3 different sessions.
AI4PublicPolicy will join the EGI 2022 Conference, organizing/ co-organising and co-hosting 3 different sessions:
- Disruptive technologies accelerating data-driven policymaking in the public sector- jointly organised by the Data Driven Cloud Cluster (Tuesday, 20/9/2022)
- The AI4PublicPolicy Virtualized Policy Management Environment (VPME) with fully-fledged policy development/management functionalities based on AI technologies (Tuesday, 20/9/2022)
- Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning (Thursday, 22/9/2022)
Session 1: Disruptive technologies accelerating data-driven policymaking in the public sector
- Date & Time: Tuesday, 20 Sep 2022, 15:45
- Location: Ruby I, II, III (Vienna Andel Prague)
- Organisers: The Data Driven Policy Cluster (Policy Cloud, Decido, AI4PublicPolicy, DUET and Intelcomp)
The convergence of Cloud, Big Data and AI has already resulted in major transformation across Government services, yet the process of policy making itself is often left behind. Digital technologies have changed the world. Today people expect faster, seamless, on-demand services from their providers, and the Government is no exception. For effective urban operations which make life easier for residents, workers and visitors, Public Sector decision making needs to become more agile, breaking down data silos to combine day-to-day tactical decisions with longer term policies and strategies. Disruptive technologies such as Digital Twins, Artificial Intelligence (AI) and High Performance Computing (HPC) unlock new opportunities for sustainable decision making through visualisations, simulations and predictions that enhance transparency, increase public support and involvement, and optimise resources.
To support this transformation, Policy Cloud, Decido, AI4PublicPolicy, DUET and Intelcomp pan-European projects and initiatives dedicated to using cloud for data-driven policy, have joined forces in the Data Driven Policy Cluster. Together they explore major challenges, trends and opportunities to improve public sector decision making that will deliver healthier, happier places to live and work.
During the EGI 2022 workshop the cluster will demonstrate technologies developed to advance decision making in the public sector. The cluster will engage the EGI2022 attendees in discussion on the state of the art of these technologies and their adoptability.
The Data Driven Policy Cluster will have a workshop at the event, a two-hour workshop focused on the following:
- Data usage improving public policies and policymaking, to be illustrated by the project pilots (e.g., forecasting and transferability);
- How could different pilots use each other’s data?
This session aims to raise awareness on the cluster of projects and disruptive technologies they develop for the public sector. In addition, the session will foster collaboration between the EGI researchers and the public authorities in the decision making with the use of research data and advanced tools for the benefit of society.
Session 2: The AI4PublicPolicy Virtualized Policy Management Environment (VPME) with fully-fledged policy development/management functionalities based on AI technologies
Poster presentation | The AI4PublicPolicy Virtualized Policy Management Environment (VPME) with fully-fledged policy development/management functionalities based on AI technologies
- Date & Time: 20 Sep 2022, 19:00 (1h)
- Location: 1st floor (Vienna Andel Prague)
- Speaker: Alessandro Amicone (GFT Italy)
Description: AI4PublicPolicy is a joint effort of policymakers and Cloud/AI experts to unveil AI’s potential for automated, transparent and citizen-centric development of public policies. To this end, the project will deliver a novel Open Cloud platform for automated, scalable, transparent and citizen-centric policy management. The AI4PublicPolicy platform, i.e. the Virtualized Policy Management Environment (VPME) will provide fully-fledged policy development/management functionalities based on AI technologies such as Machine Learning, Deep Learning, NLP and chatbots, while leveraging citizens’ participation and feedback.
More specifically, within the framework of the VPME, the following components are being developed:
- Data Management Toolkit (UPM)
- Policy & Dataset Catalogue (UNP)
- Policy Extraction Toolkit (GFT)
- Policy Interpretation Toolkit (INTRA)
- Interoperability Toolkit (UNP)
- Policy Evaluation Toolkit (GFT)
The abovementioned technologies will be deployed in the scope of the five real life pilots of the project, i.e.:
- Athens, Greece: Policies for Infrastructures Maintenance and Repair, Parking Space Management and Urban Mobility
- Genoa, Italy: Policies for Citizens and Business Services Optimization
- Nicosia, Cyprus: Policies for Holistic Urban Mobility and Accessibility
- Lisbon, Portugal: Energy Management and Optimization Policies
- Burgas, Bulgaria: Data-Driven Water Infrastructure Planning and Maintenance Policies
The VPME will be integrated with EOSC in order to facilitate access to the Cloud and HPC resources of EOSC/EGI that are required to enable the project’s AI tools, and second to boost the sustainability and wider use of the project’s developments.
Session 3: Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Date & Time: 22 Sep 2022, 16:00
- Location: Topaz + Opal (Vienna Andel Prague)
- Conveners: Marco Rorro (EGI.eu) & Ville Tenhunen (EGI)
- Organisers: EGI-ACE, AI4PublicPolicy, StairwAI, LETHE, iMagine
Description: This session will bring together a rich set of H2020 projects and initiaties all working on Artificial Intelligent and Machine Learning frameworks and applications in partnership with EGI members. The session will present achievements and will discuss ways forward to expand the scope and applicability of the presented solutions.
About EGI 2022
EGI2022: Together for Tomorrow. Innovative Computing for Research
The annual EGI conference is widely recognised as the venue that brings together like-minded professionals from the world of science and scientific computing. During EGI2022, we will look towards the future – how will innovative computing services and solutions help to build a better research ecosystem? How can we work towards innovation? And what opportunities are there for new collaborations?
Together for Tomorrow – join us on a journey of turning ideas into reality, recognising the fact that big ideas require collaboration.
EGI2022 will consist of plenary sessions and breakout sessions, posters and demo sessions, and social events to allow learning and networking.
Hosted by EGI and CESNET, EGI2022 will take place on 20-22 of September 2022 in Prague. Co-located events on Monday September 19th and Friday September 23rd.
Register now: https://indico.egi.eu/event/5882/page/106-register-now