AI4PublicPolicy will complement public policy development functionalities and ensure the effective transition from legacy policy development models to emerging AI-based policymaking by addressing 8 macro-objectives, tracked through key indicators as follows;
1. Specifications of reference models and processes for automated, transparent, citizen centric policy management based on AI technologies.
- Number of AI tools for policymaking
- VPME Reference Architecture
- Organizational Transformation Blueprint
2. Increased automation and efficiency in policy development through AI-based tools for policy modelling, development, simulation and recommendations tools.
- Reduced time to model and develop a policy model
- Reduced time to benchmark and compare alternative policies
3. Repurpose, reuse and link AI-based policies and datasets across various domains and data subjects.
- Ontologies and Taxonomies to be reviewed for specifying the AI4PublicPolicy Ontologies
- Number of Ontologies and Archetypes to be produced
- Number of Policies to be reused across organizations in the AI4PublicPolicy market platform
- Policy Linking Tool
4. Transparent, interpretable and trusted policy development.
- Number of XAI algorithms/techniques to be introduced and validated
- Policy Interpretation tool
- Cyber-security / Cyber-defence Techniques for AI Systems to be Implemented (Evasion, Poisoning)
5. Citizen-centric and business-centric policy developments, evaluation and optimization.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI) tools for citizens interaction and feedback
- Policy optimization models and algorithms
6. High-performance integrated AI-based policy management based VPME’s integration with EOSC/EGI cloud & HPC resources.
- AI models deployed over the European Cloud Initiative and infrastructure (EOSC)
- Virtualized Policy Management Environment integrated with EOSC
- Stakeholders accessing the EOSC/EGI-based Virtualized Policy Management Environment
7. Validation and evaluation in real-life use cases addressing different policy-related domains.
- Pilot systems to be integrated and deployed
- Policy Development Use Cases to be Integrated
- Policy Makers (individuals) to be engaged in the pilots
- Policy Making Stakeholders engaged in the CoCreation Processes
- Tools repurposed and reused across scenarios and use cases
8. Pan-European market platform supported by novel business models for AI-based policymaking.
- Policy Makers Registered in the Market Platform
- Public Organizations Registered in the Market platform
- Training programs available in the market platform
- Policy Making Datasets in the Market Platform
- AI algorithms in the market platform
- AI tools for policy making in the market platform